Rush can be a stressful time for students and stores. A little additional preparation can make this Rush season a lot easier for everyone. Here are several tips to ensure you don’t overlook the small things that could lead to big headaches.
- Purge your financial aid data prior to the new semester. We recommend doing this first thing in the morning. This ensures that all data is backed up from the previous night. Follow these instructions to complete the process.
- Make sure all of your system users can successfully log in and perform necessary tasks.
- Check that rental period dates are set properly and test them at the register.
- Set up additional registers in advance. Give yourself plenty of time to set up test all printers, scanners and pin pads to make sure they are working properly.
- Test a digital title at the register.
- PrismPOS users – create quick menus specifically for rush to streamline checkout. This allows you to add items to your register that make transactions faster and more efficient. You can set up things like gift cards, non-merchandise, made-to-order items and more.
- MobilePOS users – register all MobilePOS units and run test transactions.
- PrismPOS administrators – check the cloud. Make sure any changes made in WPAdmin flow to the cloud, including your cashiers.
Other common issues and fixes: